Friday, September 7, 2012

The special mascara...

I haven't worn it since August 20, 2011...the day we got married.  It is of course waterproof.  I anticipated that I could possibly be a blubbering mess on my wedding day.  Instead, happiness took over, and I think the only tear that fell was one dramatic one down one cheek (great effect!).  But I was prepared just in case!

Yesterday as I got up and got ready for our ultrasound for the baby I was a bit nervous.  We hadn't had one yet so all we had heard up until yesterday was that lub-dub of the baby heartbeat.  I was anxious to see that little face and all the pieces and parts...and to know if we were having a little boy Bean or a little girl Bean.  I put on minimal make-up (per usual) and then thought..."hmmm, I know I have waterproof mascara somewhere!"  Good call, Momma!

Let me just say, technology though it has its downfalls (i.e. everyone staring at the phone in their hand and not the person they are with) can be AMAZING!  The first glimpse of that little bundle in my tummy made my heart soar.

The technician was quick and thorough and also warm...perfect combo for this sort of thing especially for first-time parents!  When she said, "Looks like you are having a little girl!" my eyes got all watery.  Thank God for that mascara!  And thank Covergirl or Maybelline or whoever made it too.  

As Cooper held my hand, we both just stared in amazement as our little girl scooted around on the screen.  She was all over the place (as much as one can be in a confined space).  The technician even called her a "little stinker" because she was trying to get a good picture of one of the chambers of the heart and baby was doing somersaults and making it tough.  But eventually she got what she was looking for, and she told us that everything looks really good.  :)  Hooray and hallelujah!  And now Cooper knows I'm not lying when I say she is moving all over the place in there. :)

We feel so happy and blessed to be the parents of this tiny gift and can't wait for what is to come!  In this picture, she almost looks like she has little hooves.  But it's an illusion, Michael! (for those Arrested Development fans out there...).  

We love you, baby girl!  Can't wait to meet you...but we will.  You stay cooking in there and keep on growing!  She is 10 oz. already (ahead of what my apps say).  Overachiever already.  

Here we are, the proud parents.  It was an amazing day.  And I know we have many more ahead of us.  



Last night we celebrated with a family bbq and had a great time.  Thanks for sharing in our joy, family! :)




Back around the time of our first appointment (10 weeks, I think), C went to the park with the dogs and one of our friends.  As the boys ran around, a balloon coasted over towards them.  It had no string attached and there was no one around.  He brought it home to me and it said...


And it is now displayed proudly on our fridge with the rest of the pictures from yesterday.  Now it's time to decide on what colors to go with for our already green nursery!  Fun fun.  We love you, baby! (I'm assuming my baby can read as it is my child and I was an obsessed reader).




1 comment:

Patty said...

Yay for baby girls! Given the genes in our family, yours will be a stunner! I'm so happy for you and can't wait to meet this little one. Let me think...my 3rd cousin?